Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 9: Saturday July 30

A day in Petersburg - tried to update blog, but the noise etc. in the bar just got too much!

 

A strange, interesting town, even the pavements have a diferent design on each corner, good people,


but I do not want to memorialise fish unlike this sculptor, as the smell from the cannery & all the fishing vessels has turned me right off fish on top of all that I ate on board!



Was not only able to leave my bags for the day, but also had the use of my cabin despite the fairly short turn-around for the crew. They were all very tolerant of my being around until the evening.



Johnny took me in a taxi to the ferry which unfortunately turned out to be very late coming in.



Once on board though, I made a fuss & asked for a cabin change, as having paid extra money for an outside cabin, I was not prepared to put up with one that looked out on to a bulkhead or whatever the nautical term is! Glad I did, as I got one on the port side, much the best view & the sunrise also.

No comments:

Post a Comment