Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tuesday August 2nd

Got to very elegant B&B in Port Hardy soon after midnight! Luckily was able to share a cab from the ferry. Hardly felt like I’d been there as was away by 8.40am. Managed to overpay, pity as I could have done with the extra cash, but it was good!

The bus trip down was uneventful, & it rained during the scenic part, but very bright & hot when we got in to Nanaimo - late.

Was met by cousin, Deirdre,


& firstly took bags to motel then went to her simply gorgeous house in bush, overlooking Nanoose Bay.



Deer grazing in the ‘garden‘ & drinking from the waterfall outside the kitchen window!! Just beautiful, & a lovely family.


This doe does not have extra legs, but a very small fawn which to me looks so much like a joey!



This young buck blended in so well he was difficult for me to photograph, but it was lovely watching them






Dick, having retired from designing museums all over the world, has returned to being an artist - beautiful drawings & bowls


It was a lovely evening for me, especially so close to the end of my saga! Much thanks D & D!!


No comments:

Post a Comment