Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sunday July 31

Dramatic sunrise - as seen from my cabin for once!


Had a couple of hours in Ketchikan

was a bit embarrased when I asked if the (oldest) Church was likely to be open, & got the reply "well since it's Sunday I guess it will be!!!" I had lost track of the days!!!!



During the taxi ride met a couple of Kiwis (sisters) who were really nice, similar interests going to similar places etc. so spent quite a bit of time talking during the course of the voyage south.

Prince Rupert is very spread out & quite steep - didn’t do much - Sunday evening nothing open of course, & couldn’t find the Cathedral!


  a view from the hostel












 a view from the hostel

                                                               














Must get to bed as have to leave here @ 5am when the taxi is due to get me to the BC Ferry & it’s already 11.50pm!!!! (& ditto as I post this except that I have to walk!! as I go to my last Canadian train journey up to Whistler.)

No comments:

Post a Comment