Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thursday August 4th

No problem getting to the Rocky Mountaineer pick-up point by 6.30, & it didn’t really matter that my window seat was on the wrong side as I spent most of the journey to Whistler in the observation car! I was sitting next to a Japanese lady who obviously wanted to try out her English - she was in Canada for 3 DAYS only!! Imagine that????!!!! That's crazier than 3 months!!!!!

It certainly is a great train trip - especially the Cheakamus Canyon



but I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice! You'll have to google it! However, it doesn't stop me trying......!!




A very pleasant, quiet B&B for my last couple of nights in Canada.

Altho' it's a pretty trail to get down into Whistler Village,




I found the Village itself very tiring & somewhat confusing as it feels like it's almost circular & it all looks blurrily alike to me! And there are an awful lot of tourists!!!!


 
I had not intended going up in the gondola until tomorrow, but whilst in the tourist centre I heard some Kenyan tourists being told that it was a good time to go up as it would be closing soon, so went myself on the spur of the moment.

Had a gondola all to myself, so it's a good thing I had got over my fear whilst doing the Banff & Jasper ones with Jane!





 (Just managed to "loose" a whole lot more text & photos!)



Decided to brave the Peak to Peak










When I got to Blackcomb I found to my horror that the memory card on my camera was full  & - as I hadn't intended to do this trip - I wasn't carrying my usual spares! However, managed to catch the 'shop' b4 they closed & they had just started stocking cards! Whew! I wouldn't have to fork out to do it all again!!






I didn't stay up there very long as I simply wasn't dressedfor the snow, it was silly to have gone up in a thin shirt etc. just wasn't thinking clearly!

On the way back down, I also had a gondola to myself, which became pretty scary when it stopped & was left dangling!!! But, to state the b......... obvious, I survived!!

Even at this time of the day, there were still little, as well as big, kids mountain biking on these, what seemed to me, to be incredibly dangerous tracks!

















After the descent - again alone! - I wearily found a coffee shop as I didn't want a big meal - & took the last photo of the day over a very good decaf Americano! Just imagine having this view on a daily basis as you sip your latte!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment