Sunday, May 22, 2011

A long walk & an even longer train journey!

Am dashing this off to try to get up to date, but it's late @ night in Inverness - well after 10 & still light! Have to leave here @ 7.30 tomorrow!

Went for a huge walk this morning, but was determined to actually get to the sea after starting out! Probably about 8 - 10 miles.

The only person I found to ask if I was heading in the right direction - a pretty surly farmer, I didn't think would appreciate me singing my enquiry to John Ireland's music to which I changed the words to:

"Can I get down to the sea from here
To the lonely sea & the sky.
And all I ask is my legs hold up
& I make it back for the train........" etc.etc.

I did get there, a lovely empty windswept beach in very squally weather, cold wind & intermittent heavy rain.


                      The start of my walk! Can U C the sea????

                                   Bit of weather coming in!


I  seriously considered thumbing a ride to get back the odd 5 mile or so - but the cars came @ just the wrong time each time - I was either taking yet another photo, or it was on a bend, or something coming the other way! But @ least I can say I did it!

The train north was almost an hour late & the wi-fi was useless, so didn't get to even check emails - bummer! Can't remember if the next place has www. so could be a couple of days to get the photos up.

No comments:

Post a Comment