Sunday, May 15, 2011

Somewhere in/ON North Sea & Delft

3am but can hardly feel that am @ sea in this huge ferry!!! uddenly remember that it has wi-fi!!!

Loved Delft, wished I had had more time there as I origionally thought I might,  but apart from the enormous (& painful) difficulty of trying to drag luggage from a station with stairs only & then around cobbled streets to get to where I had arranged to leave it for the day - what should have been approx a 10min. walk doubled & getting back took me nearly 3/4 of an hour!! Train was equallty as difficult as I feared.

Beautiful architecture & soaking up Vermeer's light & life - but atmosphere rather spoilt by a car show in the main square, & it was market day so VERY crowded, but not as frenetic as Amsterdam.

Will add photos when I've downloaded them  during some down time in Norwich. Hopefully I can get my boots & glasses fixed there.

Some photos  - I hope!


                                                                        Oude Kerk


                                                   Vermeer's grave n.b. how sunlight falls!

There were sculpture exhibts all over Delft, but this I walked past before regisitering it, then my brain said hang on a minute just go back .............


A sparrow!

& a grumpy old blackbird

& don't U just love the gurls having fun!!!



                                                                        Nieuwe Kerk

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the ferry crossing was so smooth that it didn't feel like sailing. Never mind, I'm sure there'll be lots of rough ones.
    Glad U had brekky.
    goggle didn't seem to understand me posting a comment on my own site. Maybe email would do really. Whatever is easiest for U.
    Maybe bag could go in a shopping trolley sometimes - something with bigger wheels for the bumps.
    love, G

    ReplyDelete