Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 2: Saturday July 23

As my bunk is the wrong way was able to get it made up the other way which means my head is under a sort of shelf impossible to write this up!

Today I really had to fast - such a pity when good food is laid on & paid for already *sigh*!!

A sunny, hot day (got very burnt) & whilst breakfast etc. was happening I was out on deck at the bow just outside my cabin. [Got some Sprite - to go flat - & when my gut settled a bit some salted crackers.]

Would preferred to have just been left in peace, but of course that is not possible.

However, in the afternoon we came upon humpback whales, & altho’ I didn’t get much in the way of pictures, it was wonderful to watch these awesome creatures going about their lives.





It was a good thing that I had been with my sister so that I knew what passengers were talking about when pointing to “over there by the boo-ee” - not that I could see the bouy, but at least I understood what they were meaning!!!!

We spent a long time watching so didn’t get to where we were scheduled to go & instead went through to Kelp Bay so that those who wished to, could kayak while the weather was good, & anchored there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment