Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 3: Sunday July 24

Having actually got some sleep, woke to rain.

Still have a pretty unhappy gut, so another day of fasting.

The real bummer was that I couldn’t go ashore & do the hike to the warm springs or even the lake, as the skiff would not return for 2 hours, & I couldn’t risk being away from the loo for that long.


 Johnny bringing the skiff back in to the ship



       & just passing by my cabin window.....!!

                                            














     


After we left Baranof Bay we cruised for about 6 hours but, not as “splashy” as going south, and I finally got to go up to the bridge - fascinating.

But now, I’m really p…ed off, as they did not make the announcement, that the skiff was going in to see bears over the loud speakers as everyone but me was at dinner! Those 1st lucky ones to go saw 3 brown bears, but “scared them off” & by the time the rest of us got to go, they weren’t there. Apparently 1 did come back, but I didn’t see it.


                                             returning to the ship after a fruitless bear search!

No comments:

Post a Comment