Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Drive!

Sunday
The warmest day in the Faroes yet, with very bright sunshine, & I’m trying to pack to go to Greenland tomorrow - the BBC Weather site tells me there will be a max. 0° most days!!!! This will be for the Summer Solstice!!!! I wonder if I will actually get to see a midnight sun?

Today was my trip to Eysturoy, to Gjógv where I so badly wanted to stay, & to Saksun, where this Saxon (yes it is pronounced pretty much the same!) would very happily live! Absolutely gorgeous!



Of course the weather was still brilliant, but I reckon it would still have been marvellous, even if had been otherwise - as it was over the next hill (more or less)!! There, the cloud was right down, no visibility in places, but still I loved Gjógv.


I was taken out on to that point on the righthand side, in order to be shown:

what you may well ask is the significance of this bench?????

Yup! Princess Mary was here!!!!! They built the bench for her!!!!! My driver insisted on taking a photo of me sitting on it - which he will send on!! I ain't holding my breath waiting on that! Personally I was more interested in:


 By this time I needed the loo & a warm drink, so we adjourned to the hotel
where I got him to record, as planned, the names of the places we had visited over hot chocolate!
Of course there are thousands more photos & masses to say, but must eat & pack! Not sure about internet in the next few days, but I'm sure you are not going to worry - tho' I might!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment