Monday, June 6, 2011

Iona

Came over to Iona on Sunday, and went to the service at the Abbey - just for the experience, which was interesting - & also to a talk afterwards about the Iona Community.

After being just over the water from the Abbey where I was staying on Mull & looking at it each day at breakfast etc. I needed to do that.














Loved the Nunnery






































On the walk to the Abbey managed to catch this:


Not intending to post the majority of photos that you can get on the web, but have to add a least one!!








Besides which, there is scaffolding around the tower!











































Iona is indeed beautifully peaceful, & the B&B I'm in is on the west side (with views to Erraid also - tho' not from my room!), so well away from the ferry terminal.

AND, it started to rain in the afternoon, but after some of the weather I've experienced it was nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment