Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"The Golden Circle"

Now this   was more like it!!!

Whilst I should have taken my own instinctive advice & not hotel staff's re clothing, & I really dislike being with a large (big bus full) of people & having to do things to a fixed ime schedule, it was a good tour.

Fascinating country, with all the volcanic rock, over 500 kinds of moss, geysers & waterfalls etc. etc.

Gullfoss Falls were certainly impressive, but because of the incredibly strong wind, & the fact that I couldn't see the steps well enough, I did not go down very far towards them, though even from this height could still feel the spray!

The geysers were incredibly hard to catch in action:


when they did blow,

WOW


It was here that we had our mini drama because as the bus was pulling away it was realised by a guy that a young single girl was missing, after 1/2 hr. of searching we had to leave without her! The Argentinian woman beside me thought she had seen someone running to catch another bus like ours, & that she had got in to a private car to chase it - which indeed proved to be what had happened!

I have to say this woman, was very discontented with this tour: "Why did we have to keep stopping? It is so cold, the wind is terrible etc. etc." She did not go further than the souvenir shops at the various stops, but had loved the city tour that we were both on yesterday!!!!! Just goes to show, there ain't no pleasing folk [me yesterday & her today]!!!!

Have to remember to call Icelandic ponies, horses, tho' in size they are not, I would have loved to have had the bus stop for some photos of them, instead of speeding past. Just couldn't get a decent shot




(& I certainly missed my 1 & only opportunity later on with my camera being on the wrong setting!! Stupid!!)

Even though not moving (thank heavens) it was still hard to photograph the amazing result of where the tectonic plates had split:



or the forces behind these marvellous 'designs'

Can't make further comment now! Will add later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment