Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Apologies - if anyone really cares!

I'm getting behind! Sorry. I'll try to catch up, but as soon as I start, my eyes close - not a good omen for you, dear reader - as they say!

Think I'll heve to put up some wildlife photos separately - if I get the chance!

Monday.

What a great day!

Beautiful weather even!!

Firstly I walked to a beach on the west coast, altho’ I didn’t quite get down to it for reasons that I won’t go in to I had to come back to the B&B.

Then walked down to Martyrs Bay & had a cup of coffee (‘cos I can’t get decaf where I’m staying!) then it was time to catch the boat to go across to the Treshnish Islands.

A super trip across, bit bouncy for good photography, but fun!






Dutchman's Cap was the first island to get close to











& there was a welcome party out to greet us as we drew close to Lunga our destination for a couple of hours




We landed beside quite tricky rocks (I couldn’t even get off the boat without asking for help it was a huge step up on to the rocks!). They don't look difficult, BUT...........


Then of course there was the climb - that green that goes up & up & up!!

I actually came across this on the way back!


But wow!!!!!!! Was it worth the risk!!

This is the 1st of hundreds that I photographed!!! I won't bore you with too many!
But, I have to share this really gorgeous one tho'

Am having such diffficulty uploading photos tonight that I will have to continue with the rest of the day when I next have wi-fi! Don't think the ferries I am on tomorrow will be big enough to have it. It will be a long day as I will not get to Kennacraig until 22.00hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment