Friday, June 10, 2011

Still alive!

Goodness knows when I'm going to get this up to date. I thought I'd be able to do so today, but instead I went careering from 1 end of Edinbugh to another!

Was really peeved as the station wanted 7 pounds per item to hold for 2 hours! This meant that I had to come out almost to the airport where I'm staying tonight, to leave my luggage here! And because I needed to do various mundane things, ended up going all over the place.

It was bright sunshine & warm when I set out, & what do you know ......... yup, got absolutely drenched as I didn't have my wet weather gear with me!!!!

Now I find there is no post office @ the airport so will have to cart those things (that I was going to post home), with me to the Faroes tomorrow *sigh*.

I promised to tell U more of Staffa & Iona. Then I had that hugely long day getting around close to Arran, & then Arran itself yesterday. I circumnavigated the island by the route buses & also went across to the west side & spent a couple of hours @ Blackwater on the west side, mostly on the beach. Remind me to tell U the funny story about "the lads".

Oh heck, I've just spilt hot chocolate over myself - caught myself snoring! So, as it's 10pm & I have a flight to catch in 12 hours, need to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment