Thursday, June 30, 2011

Episode 1

This episode is just to get the wingeing out of the way!!!

I will never, repeat NEVER, go in or out or through Reykjavik airport ever again!

Would you believe they had 4 seats @ the gate for an international flight of well over 100 + passengers @ a rough guess!!!!

When I got there - this being a different airport to the one I have experienced twice in the last little while - managed to find the assistance check-in desk [which turned out to be the only assistance I got] & for the 1st time ever, I actualy requested a seat [a window one so I could take photos as we passed over Iceland, the Faroes, Sweden & of course Denmark], BUT I was very careful to specify NOT anywhere near the wing. So of course U know where my seat was, & the reflection off the wing & engine was SO painful, I was really distressed.

Asked the 1st hostie if she could find me another seat & explained the reason, & she said it was impossible. When I began to think I would have to start a real commotion, another hostie did "manage" to find me an aisle seat. So no photos of course.

I thought I was going to have to pay for water even, & they were charging 2 Euros a bottle! I said I had my own bottle if they would just fill it! Thankfully, I had my emergency food supply of a gluten free bar (last 1 I think) as after getting up @ 3.45am I was starting to get a bit peckish by 10am!

Did have someone "meet & greet" from the aircraft to the baggage claim, but she left me in the middle of the terminal to find my own way to get a train in to central Copenhagen! (How unlike the other gorgeous woman  who helped me transit that airport before!)

Of course I managed as I usually do, but finding the hotel proved a bit complicated due to road (& pavement) works with many, many obstacles. The pavements have lines of cobbles on them, so dragging the suitcase............!

The "hotel" is um 'interesting' - but  it's only 3 nights!

Managed 2 of the 3 major tasks I had set myself, 1. getting a hair cut which deserves an episode all of it's own, & 2. posting off yet another parcel (thanks Gill). But I simply could not find the laudromat, so another expensive hotel laundry bill coming up *sigh*!! Also, did not manage a decent meal, as the places I did venture in to, did not really have anything I could eat, besides my search for the laundromat had taken me into the red light district, & I just wanted to get back here!

Find I get much more tired walking city streets than many of the other sorts of walks I've done - including up & then down into a volcano crater, but more of that, when I do the update, perhaps tomorrow morning, but having bought a 'cOPENhagen' card [that is printed like that deliberately!], I will be doing some explorations of the city - tho' I won't be pushing it to get my money's worth, but hopefully less hassles with entry fees, transport etc.!

Must clear the bunk so that I can get in to it! Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment